WomenTechies'21 is a 36-hour online hackathon conducted with the purpose of promoting women in technological fields by providing them with a platform to collaborate with like-minded individuals and ideate and implement solutions to real-world problems. It is an opportunity for aspiring developers to hone their skills, make lasting connections, and thrive under the mentorship of renowned panelists, potentially solving problems that plague thousands of people. All you need is a tenacious spirit and a thirst for knowledge.
Everyone is eligible to participate provided they are not working professionals, just ensure that at least 50% of your team is female. Over the course of the hackathon, reviews will be conducted, in which the top teams are handpicked to move forward. The teams that qualify for the final round will receive exclusive invites to the convention along with the opportunity to interact with the speakers one-on-one.
Join The Discord Forum to Stay Updated and Finding/Meeting your Teammates
- This is a team participation hackathon. Each team must have a minimum of 2 members and can have at most 4 members. For a team to be eligible to participate, at least 50% of the members should be girls.
- Participants can either invite their friends to form a team or can request other teams to add them as a member.
- The hackathon is open to all students.
How To Proceed:
- Develop a functioning prototype from the tracks mentioned below to win cash prizes, a whole lot of goodies, cloud services, web domains and much more.
- There are three phases in this hack.
- In the first phase, everyone needs to submit an outline of their idea and how they decide to execute it.
- In the second phase, the shortlisted participants have to construct a semi-serviceable prototype of their idea with the guidance of their respective mentor.
- In the final phase, the shortlisted participants need to pitch their working prototype ahead of the Judge's panel on 15th March, 6:00pm IST.
NOTE: The team must have a minimum of 50% female members.
This Women’s Day, #ChooseToChallenge the muddle that you face in the hackathon and come up with a solution that empowers women in any domain that you can think of. Purpose, Impact, and Empathy, together are key in this track.Fitness and Well-being
Staying at home has increased comfort and decreased attention towards fitness. With the restrictions now lowering, we wouldn’t want people to go out completely out of health, would we? Pull up your socks, ideate and develop a solution that helps focus the mass improve or at the very least focus on their fitness and well-being.Entertainment
All work and no play makes Jack a dull boy. To ease the work pressure off people, come up with ideas that could entertain people when under stress or take away the humdrum when bored. Design a solution to cheer people up at these dull times!Remote Collaboration
In our unique times, work from home has become the new normal and the outlook of working from the comforts of our home, is wider than ever before. Come up with solutions to help teams operate and communicate together while boosting their efficiencies to all time highs!Developer Tools
Every developer loves to be able to quickly and unerringly get their projects up and running. Developer tools help them achieve this with ease and efficiency. Help developers stay un-bugged and get their work up and running without hassle.
₹ 50,000 in prizes
The team with the best combination of ideation and execution will be awarded a prize sum of Rs. 25,000.
First Runner Up
We at DSC VIT, firmly believe that all distinguished well-performing teams deserve our support. The second-best implementation will receive a cash prize of Rs.12,000.
Second Runner Up
The third best team during the hackathon will receive a prize of Rs.7,000.
Best Fresher's Team
We at DSC VIT would like to support the most enthusiastic budding developers who are in their first year of college and are participating with a cash prize of Rs. 3,000.
Best Women Centric Idea
This WomenTechies, DSC VIT would like to show it’s appreciation and support to the best project made for women empowerment with a special prize of Rs. 3,000.
Submitting to this hackathon could earn you:
The solution must be implementable not just merely an idea.